Originally owned by a farmer and his wife and built in 1851 as a Poor House.
In 1853 it was destroyed by a fire and the current building was built on the original foundation.
The facility was used in the later years as an Asylum and Infirmary. It was used to house the sick, mentally unstable and poor.
Over 50 people died in the fire and are buried in unmarked graves behind the property. There were a number of deaths, one person was pushed from a second floor window, several tuberculosis deaths, and reports of people hanging themselves.
Dann Allen purchased the Asylum in 2015. The Asylum is a very popular place for tours, film crews and paranormal investigators from around the world.